This is a brief overview of the Concert Usher Program. If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Department at (419)385-5721 ext. 2045 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Concert Usher Program supports the Toledo Zoo Summer Concert Series. Ushers will perform a variety of functions, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting uests to locate their seats
- Helping guests with questions or concerns
- Helping to take down the chairs and stack them at the end of the concert
- Must be able to stand for a prolonged amount of time
- Be able to lift and carry 10 lbs.
Concert Ushers will be given an orientation regarding general Zoo policies. The orientation will also include an introduction to the Amphitheatre, its layout, and instructions regarding your responsibilities as Ushers.
Concert Ushers are required to wear a plain white t-shirt (thicker than undershirt), polo shirt, or button-down shirt, either short-or-long sleeves. In addition, ushers must wear black pants or shorts and close-toed shoes.
- Submit a volunteer application, attend an interview, and complete an orientation
- Support a minimum number of concerts for the season. The minimum requirement is based on the total number of concerts for the season. In general, it is half of the concerts offered in the season (example: 3 out of 5, 4 out of 7, etc.)
- Ushers must arrive 30 minutes before gates open and volunteer through the tear down process of the show. Ushers are typically dismissed around 10:30/11:00 p.m.
- A current list of shows and times is available at www.toledozoo.org/concerts
Click here to download application.
Please email filled-in application to email@example.com.