Aquarium Adventure Trail and Splash Pad Policies
Hours and Availability
Open daily at 10 a.m. and close one hour prior to the closing of the Zoo. It is located between Penguin Beach and Primate Forest, near the Zoo’s Broadway entrance. The entire facility is ADA accessible and is included in Zoo admission.
The Cool Zone, or the Wet Side of the Adventure Trail, may be closed if the forecasted temperature for the day is not slated to get to about 70 degrees. The Cool Zone is only open between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, and will close for the season after Labor Day.
Cool Zone Rules
- NO lifeguard on duty
- Adult supervision required at all times. Children 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- All participants must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family-oriented manner.
- Clothing or swimwear must be worn at all times. Swim diapers are required for all children not toilet trained.
- NO food and glass containers in the Cool Zone.
- NO climbing on Cool Zone features.
- NO roughhousing.
- NO athletic equipment, balls, noodles, etc. in Cool Zone.
- Cool Zone will be evacuated during inclement weather or visible lightning.
We discourage running in the Cool Zone area due to slick surfaces. Participants may wear water shoes or water-friendly footwear.f
*Rules are also posted at the Cool Zone location